Monday, February 4, 2013

Tasting - Alamos Torrontes

Name: Alamos Torrontes
Variety: 100% Torrontes
Region: Cafayate, Salta

Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $9.99
Tasting Date: February 4, 2013
Location: Independently Tasted
Food Pairing: None

Winery Review: Torrontes has a unique expression in Argentina and has often been called the country's signature white varietal. Alamos Torrontes captures all of the explosive aromatic character of this Argentine grape, with lively notes of citrus and peach fruit interwoven with delicate layers of jasmine blossom fresh herbs. Light and fresh on the palette, it finishes long and lingering with fresh, balance acidity.

My Thoughts: Light yellow color. The aroma is nice. Delicately floral with hints of citrus and pear. First flavors are similar to the aroma. Light fruit flavors with mild citrus. The mid palette and finish are dominated by alcohol. This is one of the last bottles in a series bought from Kroger as an experiment. If anything I have proven to myself that cheap wines from the Vintage Cellar are exponentially better. I am not sure if I just don't like floral/perfumey wines, I think I will get a better quality Torrontes to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment