Thursday, January 24, 2013

Introductions

Hello and welcome to my blog for Geography of Wine.  I have always liked the idea of wine. It strikes me as being very classy and sophisticated. Thus far my experiences with wine have not been positive, I am hoping that through the course of the semester this will change.

As mentioned, I have had very limited experience with wines. My first experiences with wines occurred three or so years ago. I tasted a few cheap champagnes my friends had. I have also had a few Rieslings and reds I cannot remember. Most experiences were negative. My first positive experience was a wine tasting last fall. I tried a variety of wines, including some sweet whites, which I liked very much.

Thus far my tastes lean heavily towards sweet white wines. Red all tastes the same to me. They have very earthy tones with an almost smoky quality, which as of now is not pleasing to my palette.My short term goal is to find more wines I like, specifically some drier whites. Hopefully with time I can acquire a taste for red wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment