Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tasting - Finca del Castillo Tempranillo

Name: Finca del Castillo Tempranillo
Variety: 100% Tempranillo
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $4.95
Tasting Date: January 31, 2013
Location: Vintage Cellar
Food Pairing: None 

Winery Review: Rooty, spicy and baked on the nose, with aromas that lean towards raisin. The palate is more gritty and acidic, with raisin, cola, and spice flavors. Darkens up on the finish, which is long and peppery, with adequate juiciness and a final note of tomato.

My Thoughts: The aroma is spicy and peppery. It has a strong alcohol nose to me. The taste starts as spicy and finishes very peppery. This tastes like most reds to me. Something I might be able to work towards, but I am not sure for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment