Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Lion Stout

Name: Lion Stout
Country: Sri Lanka
Price: $2.65
Tasting Date: April 4, 2013


Winery Review: Soft, fresh and delicious, top fermented Lion Stout is bottle-conditioned and has an extraordinary chocolatey, mocha character. 

My Thoughts: I have had very little experience with stouts. I tried Guinness years ago and wasn't very impressed, but on a suggestion I picked this up. The color is a nice deep, deep brown covered with a thick head. (I poured it wrong, don't mock my extra foamy head). The aroma was dark chocolate and caramel with roasted notes coming in. A slightly burnt chocolate cake with caramel icing. The flavor started as semi sweet chocolate and coffee that faded into a slightly bitter roasted finish. Overall a very tasty beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment