Thursday, April 18, 2013

Tasting - Wilson Daniels Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Wilson Daniels Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: United States
Year: 2010
Price: $7.95
Tasting Date: April 18, 2013
Location: Vintage Cellar
Food Pairing: None

Winery Review: Orange blossom and citrus permeate the aromas. Alluring flavors of orange and grapefruit dominate the palate. Bright acidity balances the plush mouthfeel, resulting in a clean finish.

My Thoughts: The nose is an attack of citrus. Lemon and grapefruit and oranges. A floral aspect as well, orange blossom perhaps. Strong acid in the mouth, tastes like straight grapefruit juice. Fortunately there was none of that fresh cut grass bullshit that ruined every other Sav blanc I have tasted. I liked this wine, it didn't amaze me, but I would have no problem drinking it for dinner, with a salad perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment