Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tasting - Ruta 22 Malbec

Name: Ruta 22 Malbec  
Variety: 100% Malbec 
Region: Patagonia
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
Tasting Date: April 4, 2013
Location: Vintage Cellar
Food Pairing: None

Winery Review: Stout and dense from the beginning, with blackberry and violet aromas. Despite being a bold and dark Malbec, this is fresh and composed, with sweet blackberry and cassis flavors. Good on the finish, with candied fruit and caramel sweetness.

My Thoughts: I did not get a whole lot out of this wine. The nose was blackberries with some leafy apects. Flavor was more berry and dark fruits mixed with oak. Mostly I just tasted oak on this one. There were some tannins but not a lot and they faded quickly. I don't think I have anything against Malbecs, I just did not like this bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment